- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
LIVERPOOL AND SPURS SET FOR BARÇA TRANSFER BATTLE
- Updated: 3 March, 2012
Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur could be set to fight it out with la liga giants Barcelona for the signature of Spanish international Fernando Llorente, according to reports from Spain today.
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is said to be interested in the Athletic Club striker and has sent scouts from Anfield to watch the player, while Harry Redknapp is also reportedly keen to bring the 27-year-old to White Hart Lane.
However Madrid sports daily AS are now reporting Barcelona are interested in the player, whose Bilbao contract expires in June next 2013, and could be ready to offer a deal that would dwarf Llorente’s current weekly wage at San Mames.
The player has also been linked with Manchester City but Tottenham and Liverpool were thought to be the front runners among a number of English clubs reported to be interested in the player, with both sides already preparing to strengthen their squads for next season.