- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Manchester United tracking Brazilian star
- Updated: 8 April, 2012
Manchester United have been linked with a move for Granada’s high-rated left back Guillherme Siqueira after reports in the Metro newspaper claimed the English club were monitoring the player’s performances in Spain.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is said to have been alerted to the 25-year-old Brazilian after Old Trafford scouts were impressed by the player’s performance in Granada’s recent la liga game against Sevilla.
Siqueira arrived at the Andalucian club on loan from Udinese in 2010, before penning a four-year deal at los Carmenes during the summer. Having struggled to establish himself in Serie A, the former Inter youth player has had a remarkable turn-around in Spain and has also been linked with Atletico Madrid and Valencia in recent weeks.
Ferguson’s brother, Martin, is said to have seen the player and recommended him as a suitable transfer target for United at the end of the season.
The United boss is reported to be already making plans to bring some new faces into his squad at Old Trafford during the summer and Ferguson is said to have made left back one of his priorities.
Find our more about Guillherme Siqueira HEREFollow @icentrocampista