- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool star set for summer La Liga switch?
- Updated: 7 April, 2012
Liverpool defender Glen Johnson could be set for a move to Real Madrid after the Daily Star reported the Spanish giants are showing interest in the player.
Johnson arrived at Anfield in a £18 million deal from Portsmouth in July 2009 however the full back has only managed 18 appearances for Liverpool this season after struggling with injury.
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has recently stated Johnson will not be allowed to leave the club but the news that Real Madrid are showing interest in the England international, may prove problematic for the hierarchy at Anfield.
Madrid have also been linked with a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Kyle Walker, however Spurs are unlikely to listen to offers for their young star who was dubbed the ‘new Roberto Carlos’ by the Spanish media after impressing for England Under 21s.
Jose Mourinho has struggled to find a consistent performer at right-back this season and is reported to have lost faith with former Liverpool player Alvaro Arbeloa who has played in that position on a number of occasions this year.
Liverpool meanwhile are currently in their worst run of league form for almost 60 years and Dalglish has already begun highlighting new faces to bring to Merseyside in the summer as he looks to take the Anfield club back into European Champions League contention.Follow @icentrocampista