- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal target on radar of La Liga giants
- Updated: 16 May, 2012
Arsenal target Olivier Giroud is on the transfer radar of Atletico Madrid should Radamel Falcao leave the Vicente Calderon say TalkSPORT.
Arsene Wenger is keen on the striker and the Telegraph reported last month that the Arseanl boss had asked for regular scouting reports on the Montpellier forward as his prepares for an overhaul of his strike-force at the Emirates Stadium.
However TalkSPORT now claim Atletico have made a contingency plane should their Colombian hitman Falcao leave the club during the summer; and that plan involves the 25-year-old Giroud.
Falcao has scored 36 goals for the Spanish club this season and it is suggested Chelsea could be willing to offer former-Atleti captain Fernando Torres to the La Liga outfit in an effort to land Falcao.
Giroud meanwhile, has scored 21 goals for Montpellier this season, helping the club win the first Ligue 1 title in their history. The French international was quoted by the Telegraph in April as saying that he loved the “French feel at Arsenal”, although Wenger’s interest in the player had not gone beyond watching him play at that stage.
Wenger now faces a battle with Atletico if he wants to bring Giroud to Arsenal.Follow @icentrocampista