- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea make move for Real Madrid target
- Updated: 24 May, 2012
Real Madrid face competition from Chelsea for the signature of Lucas Moura, after the English club had a bid of €40 million for the Brazilian turned according to reports in MARCA and the Mirror Online.
Chelsea were crowned European Champions on Saturday but plans have already started to make the Stamford Bridge club to make a serious challenge for the Premier League crown next year, after finishing a sixth this season.
Both sources quote Sao Paul club President Juvenal Juvencio as saying Real Madrid are also interested in the Brazilian international before claiming there has been contact with Madrid President, Florentino Perez.
Juvencio also claims Serie A giants Inter have made a €25 million bid for the player but says Chelsea are the ‘ the closest team to Lucas.’ He added: “Lucas is a big player who will triumph in Europe, but Sao Paulo will only sell him for an enormous offer.”
Lucas was capped nine times for the Brazilian Under20 team before making his debut for the senior side against Scotland last March. He has since made 11 appearances for Brazil, scoring one goal.
Chelsea meanwhile have yet to confirm who will take permanent control of the team next season, despite temporary boss Roberto Di Matteo bringing both the FA Cup and Uefa Champions League trophies to Stamford Bridge this season.Follow @icentrocampista