- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool set to target Real Madrid star
- Updated: 11 May, 2012
Liverpool have highlighted Real Madrid star Hamit Altintop as a summer replacement for Dirk Kuyt should the Dutch international leave the club say British newspaper, The Metro.
According to reports Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish has lined up Altintop as a suitable replacement for 31-year-old Kuyt, who has attracted interest from German side, Hamburg and could leave Liverpool at the end of the season.
Altintop joined the newly-crowned Spanish league champions during the summer of 2011 after some impressive displays for Bayern Munich and made his debut for Jose Mourinho’s men as a late substitute in a Champions League tie against Ajax. The 29-year-old has since struggled to establish himself in the Madrid side however, and has played just five times for the club.
The Metro report rumours in Spain suggest a fee of around £2 million would be enough to tempt the German-born, Turkish international star to Anfield and claim the player is ready to quit the Spanish club at the end of the current campaign.
Liverpool have endure a frustrating season and despite lifting the League Cup, a poor league campaign and FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea have lead Dalglish to target up to five new faces to bring into the Anfield squad ahead of the new season.Follow @icentrocampista