- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool still keen on Spanish winger
- Updated: 17 May, 2012
Liverpool are still interested in Benfica and former-Barcelona winger Nolito say TalkSPORT.
Nolito was linked with Liverpool in April when the MailOnline suggested they were ready to make a £15 million move for the 25-year-old, as then-manager Kenny Dalglish looked to make a number of changes to his Anfield squad during the summer.
However, Dalglish was relieved of his duties as Liverpool boss on Wednesday after a disappointing Premier League campaign saw the reds finish 37 points behind eventual champions, Manchester City.
Despite this, TalkSPORT report Nolito is still on Liverpool’s radar; although there has been no concrete offer made for the Andalucían.
The player, who’s real name is Manuel Agudo Durán, spent three seasons at Barcelona before moving to Portugal last summer after refusing a contract offer from the Catalan giants. He has scored 11 goals in 37 appearances for Benfica and helped the Lisbon-based club to a second-placed finish behind champions Porto.
Nolito’s impressive form has alerted a number of clubs, however TalkSPORT quote his agent, Oscar Font as telling Portuguese radio station TSF: “Clubs like Valencia and Liverpool are interested in him but there are still no concrete proposals.
“For now his challenge is to stay here and have an even better season individually and collectively to win major titles.”Follow @icentrocampista