- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Newcastle and Valencia eye French Duo
- Updated: 14 May, 2012
Newcastle United and Valencia are both showing interest in signing French stars Mathieu Debuchy and Romain Hamouma according to reports in SuperDeporte.
Debuchy was linked with Newcastle in The Metro recently, who claimed Toon star Yohan Cabaye had discussed ‘life at Newcastele’ with the player and that he would ‘love to join him at St James’ Park’. The newspaper also claimed Manchester United were interested in the 26-year-old and reported Sir Alex Ferguson had personally watched the player in a Ligue 1 game against Lyon in March.
However SuperDeporte now report Valencia are also interested in the highly-rated French international and quote France Football as the original source. Debuchy’s former Lille team mate Adil Rami has already made the move to the Mestalla after joining the club last summer – going on to have an impressive first season in Spain.
The Valencian sports paper also claim both clubs are showing interest in Caen’s 25-year-old midfielder Hamouma, who has impressed for the Normandy club this season. The player, under contract at Caen until 2013 is also believed to be interesting Udinses and Everton according to the reports.
Newcastle lost their final game of the season at Goodison Park on Sunday, however Alan Pardew has guided the Geordies to a highly respectable fifth place in the Barclays Premier League and has ensured Uefa Europa League football will be played at St James’ Park next season.Follow @icentrocampista