- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal eye move for La Liga hot shot
- Updated: 5 June, 2012
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is said to have targeted the Venezuelan international and reports suggest the North London club are ready to pay €18 million to bring the 22-year-old to the Emirates Stadium ahead of next season.
Caracas-born Rondon moved to Spain in 2008 when he signed for Las Palmas from Venezuelan outfit Aragua, and went on to score 14 goals in 47 games for the Canary Island side.
Malaga paid €3.5 million to take Rondon to La Rosleda in the summer of 2010 and the player has netted an impressive 25 times in 67 appearances for the Andaluz club.
Arsenal were linked with a move for the striker in October by the Metro who claimed Wenger was looking to strengthen his forward line during the January transfer window. Rondon remained in Spain however and helped Malaga secure Champions League football for the first time in their history.