- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal linked with another Spanish international
- Updated: 25 July, 2012
Arsenal have been linked with another Spanish international in British press reports, just 24 hours after The Guardian claimed Malaga’s Santi Cazorla had agreed to join the club.
The Gunners are now said to have been put on alert by the Daily Star after contract talks stalled between Athletic Bilbao and Fernando Llorente – a player Arsenal see as their chief target should Robin van Persie leave the Emirates Stadium according to The Guardian last week.
The new stories use Spansih sports daily AS.com as a source and suggest the Athletic are refusing to meet the wage demands of Llorente’s agent Chus, who is also his brother.
The Basque outfit have offered the Pamplona-born player a reported £60,000 per-week, however that is £30,000 less than what is said to have been asked for by Llorente’s agent.
The 27-year-old’s current deal at San Mames runs out next summer and Athletic face the possibility of losing their star man for nothing should he run down his contract without penning a new deal.
The report also claim Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal’s North London rivals, Tottenham Hotspur are tracking the forward.
Arsenal have been heavily linked with Llorente’s Spanish team mate, Santi Cazorla since yesterday’s reports in The Guardian, although there has been no confirmation of any deal from either Arsene Wenger or the English club.Follow @icentrocampista