- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spanish giants linked to Liverpool and City stars
- Updated: 21 July, 2012
Liverpool’s Glen Johnson and Micah Richards of Manchester City have again been linked with La Liga champions Real Madrid in press reports from Spain.
Mundo Deportivo claim Jose Mourinho is searching for a right back in the mould of Sergio Ramos, with both Johnson at Anfield and Richards at the Etihad Stadium seemingly falling into that category.
However, it was reported in the English press last week that both players are valued at more than €20 million, a price that Real Madrid President Florentino Perez would refuse to contemplate according to MD.
Mourinho had courted Inter fullback Maicon, who he coached during his time in Italy, however that deal appears unlikely after Perez suggested the Brazilian international was too old, with the Spanish giants looking for a younger player who could offer more future potential for the money.
Liverpool’s Johnson has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu before after the MailONLINE claimed Madrid officials were targeting the 27-year-old in April.
Richards meanwhile, was reported to be interesting Mourinho by Catalan daily, Sport last week. The 24-year-old was an integral part of Roberto Mancini’s squad last season and helped City to their first English league title in 44 years when they beat QPR on the final day of the season at the Etihad Stadium.
City are currently in Austria at their pre-season training camp where Mancini’s side beat Turkish outfit Besiktas 2-0 in a friendly match on Thursday.
Liverpool meanwhile, are on their North American tour as new boss Brendan Rodgers prepares for his first season in the Anfield hotseat.Follow @icentrocampista