- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Luka Modric saga takes a further twist
- Updated: 25 July, 2012
The saga involving Tottenham Hotspur star Luka Modric has taken another twist, as Mirror Football report long-time suitors Real Madrid could loose out to Paris St Germain in their pursuit of the Croatian international.
Spurs chairmen Daniel Levy is desperate to keep the 26-year-old at White Hart Lane and is standing firm over his £40 million valuation for Modric – a price the Spanish champions are unwilling to meet.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insists he will only pay £27 million for the player, and it is now reported big-spending French outfit Paris St Germain are willing to match Tottenham’s asking price to take Modric to the Parcs des Princes.
The former-Dinamo Zagreb player infuriated Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas last week when he went AWOL before the club’s tour of North America, however the player has since apologised and is now back training in London
Modric is said to prefer a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu, however with Perez currently unwilling to meet Tottenham’s valuation, the Spanish club face the prospect of missing out on the player all together.Follow @icentrocampista