- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham eye swoop for La Liga star
- Updated: 12 July, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur are eyeing a swoop for Atletico Madrid forward Adrian Lopez according to reports from Spanish sports daily MARCA.
Spurs are said to be willing to meet the €18million buy-out clause to take the 24-year-old to White Hart Lane, despite Adrian having already being heavily linked with Tottenham’s North London rivals, Arsenal.
Adrian is beleived to want to remain at the Vicente Calderon although the Spanish international may be tempted by a big-money move to the Premier League.
The Teverga-born star joined Atleti as a free agent last summer following a five-year spell at Deportivo la Coruna, although the former Oviedo youth player had loan spells at Alaves and Malaga during that time.
Capped twice at international level, Adrian is part of the Spanish squad that will play at the London Olympic football tournament at the end of July.
New Tottenham boss Andres Villas-Boas is said to rate Adrian highly and it is believed Spurs could be ready to triple his wages in a bid to bring him to White Hart Lane.Follow @icentrocampista