- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham set to lose out on Real Madrid star
- Updated: 2 July, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur look set to miss out on the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra according to reports from TalkSPORT.
Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp had been tipped to make a move for the French international however Redknapp left White Hart Lane last month.
TalkSPORT now report Spanish news website El Confidencial as claiming officials from Turkish club Fenerbache have flown to Madrid to conclude a deal for the 27-year-old.
However it is also suggested Serie A giants Milan are interested in the player and may make a last-minute move to take hime to Italy.
Diarra played under Redknapp at Portsmouth after spells at Chelsea and Arsenal. The former Le Havre player left Fratton Park for Madrid in a deal said to be worth €20million in January 2009, and has gone on to play over 80 games for the reigning Spanish champions.
Tottenham are yet to appoint a successor to Redknapp, who guided Spurs to a fourth-placed finish in the Barclays Premier League last season, however former Chelsea manager Andres Villas-Boas has been heavily linked with the job.Follow @icentrocampista