- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Frustration for Liverpool and Arsenal as Sahin pursuit stalls
- Updated: 17 August, 2012
Liverpool and Arsenal are being frustrated in their attempts to sign Real Madrid star Nuri Sahin according to Marca, who claim talks have stalled.
The Anfield outfit are favourites to sign the Turkish international as Brendan Rodgers continues strengthening his Liverpool squad, however it is believed the player favours a move to Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal.
Sahin’s agent Reza Fazeli met with officials of the Spanish champions at the Santiago Bernabeu on Thursday evening, however, the Spanish sports daily report no headway was made during these talks.
The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with Liverpool for a number of weeks, however, it is understood Sahin would now prefer a season-long loan at the Emirates Stadium under the tutelege of Wenger.
Despite the player’s reported desire to move to North London, Real Madrid President Florentino Perez is believed to favour the player moving to Liverpool, who are not rivals to his club in the Champions League this season.
The La Liga giants are now said to be keen on a reaching resolution over Sahin’s future by next week.Follow @icentrocampista