- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool eyeing swoop for former La Liga ace
- Updated: 1 August, 2012
Liverpool are targeting a move for former Valencia star Manuel Fernandes claim Mirror Football.
Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers is said to be considering a potential deal for the 26-year-old Portuguese international, who once also played for Liverpool’s Merseyside rivals, Everton.
Fernandes is currently at Turkish outfit Besiktas but is believed to be being eyed by a number of clubs who have been alerted by the news that the midfielder could be on the move this summer.
The Lisbon-born star played in La Liga 56 times during a four-year stint at Valencia, opting for los Che after reports suggested he was on his way to Liverpool to make a loan deal permanent at Everton.
Fernandes was once-rated as one of the hottest young prospects in European football and has been capped nine times by his country.
Liverpool meanwhile, have just travelled to Belarus where Brendan Rodgers’ side face FC Gomel in the Europa league on Thursday before returning to Anfield for the second leg next week.Follow @icentrocampista