- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Sahin to snub Arsenal as agent flies to Liverpool
- Updated: 23 August, 2012
Liverpool are set to beat Arsenal to the signature of Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin as the protracted transfer takes another twist according to Marca.
Arsenal had looked favourites to sign the Real Madrid star earlier this week, with Arsene Wenger’s side expected to tie up a deal on Wednesday. However it is now understood the Spanish club have convinced Sahin that a switch to Anfield would be a better option for him.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is said to have guaranteed the 23-year-old a place in his starting line-up and the Reds hope to make an official announcement about the deal on Thursday.
Sahin is believed to have initially favoured a move to Arsenal and Wenger seemed to have convinced the German-born star to make a switch to the Emirates Stadium. However, Marca have revealed Arsenal want to sign the player on a permanent basis – an arrangement which neither Jose Mourinho nor Sahin are happy about.
Liverpool have now moved into the driving seat for the signature of the former Borussia Dortmund playmaker and agent Reza Fazeli is believed to have travelled to Merseyside to negotiate a contract with the English Premier League club.Follow @icentrocampista