- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool target wants La Liga return
- Updated: 17 November, 2012
Reported Liverpool target Ibrahim Afellay has spoken of his desire to return to Barcelona when his loan spell in Germany expires.
Afellay was linked with the Anfield club by Mirror Football two years ago – before eventually joining Barcelona. TalkSPORT then claimed Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was showing interest in the player during the summer.
The 26-year-old instead found himself on loan at Bundesliga outfit Schalke, and Sky Sports now suggest the player is determined to prove himself in Germany before returning to fight for his place at the Camp Nou.
Afellay joined Barca from Dutch outfit PSV Eindhoven in 2010 but was hampered by a string of injuries which restricted his playing time in La Liga.
Speaking to Dutch site OnsOrange.nl, the attacking midfielder said: “My aim is to return to Barca.”
“Now when I look back at my time at Barcelona I only have good memories. Training was always great fun. Incredible really.”
If Afellay is to return to Catalunya, it could spell the end of Liverpool’s two-year effort to get the player to Anfield.