- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal face battle in race to sign midfield ace
- Updated: 28 November, 2012
Arsenal look set to battle Sevilla and Inter Milan for the signature of Schalke star Lewis Holtby according to reports from TalkSPORT.
The German international was linked with a move to The Emirates Stadium in July, when Mirror Football suggested Arsenal saw him as a potential replacement for Theo Walcott.
The 22-year-old was also said to be on Arsenal’s radar earlier this month when Arsene Wenger had a first-hand look at him during Schalke’s Champions League game against the Gunners.
However, it is now understood La Liga outfit Sevilla and Italian giants Inter are also now keen on Holtby, whose contract expires at the end of the season. Premier League side Everton are also said to be interested.
Schalke have said they will decide Holtby’s future next month but it is understood he favours a move to England – where his father was born.
Arsenal, meanwhile, have had an inconsistent start to the season so far despite Gunners boss Arsene Wenger bringing a number of new faces to the Emirates during the summer.