- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea linked with move for Spanish international
- Updated: 9 November, 2012
Chelsea have been linked with a move for Barcelona star David Villa by British newspaper The Daily Star.
While Roberto Di Matteo was guiding Chelsea to a 3-2 win over Shakhtar Donetsk at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday evening, Villa was reported to have had a furious row with team mate Lionel Messi following Barca’s 2-1 loss at Celtic Park.
It is suggested the 30-year-old is edging closer to an exit from the Camp Nou and Chelsea are said to be watching the current situation with interest – especially as the club looked to have dropped the efforts to take Radamel Falco to Stamford Bridge.
According to Spanish media reports, Villa and Messi had the confrontation after the defeat in Scotland – the second such row this season, after having a similar altercation following Barca’s home game with Granada.
It understood the Catalan giants are keen on Falcao themselves and have also long-been linked with Brazilian star Neymer. Villa missed the majority of last season through serious injury and has struggled to establish himself again this term.
Chelsea meanwhile are likely to see Villa as the perfect partner for his Spain team mate Fernando Torres who arrived at Stamford Bridge in 2011.Follow @icentrocampista