- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea star heading for exit as trio eye transfer swoop
- Updated: 13 November, 2012
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu could be on his way back to Barcelona according to reports from the MailONLINE.
The 21-year-old has played just four games for Chelsea this season and has struggled to command a regular place under Roberto di Matteo at Stamford Bridge.
Romeu’s agent, Magico Diaz, has already met with officials from La Liga outfit Valencia , however, they could be edged out by Espanyol who are said to want to bring the midfielder back to Barcelona.
The Spanish under 23 international came through the famed La Masia football academy at Espanyol’s rivals Barcelona, however, with opportunities scarce he moved to Chelsea 18 months ago in search of regular first team football.
Romeu’s career at Stamford Bridge initially began well under former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, however, the youngster has now slipped down the pecking order at the club and has been used sparingly by current manager di Matteo.
Chelsea sporting director Michael Emenalo, meanwhile, is said to have been in Holland at the weekend where PSV Eindhoven are also said to be interested in Romeu. Emenalo is said to have taken the opportunity to watch rumoured Chelsea target Wilfried Bony play for Vitesse Arnham against FC Twente.Follow @icentrocampista