- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga giants eye move for Tottenham Hotspur star
- Updated: 4 November, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor could be set for a return to Spain after reports from The People claim Atletico Madrid are interested in securing his services.
Spurs brought the 28-year-old to White Hart Lane from Manchester City during the summer – impressed by Adebayor’s successful loan at the club under former manager Harry Redknapp. However, it is now understood that the player is looking for a move away from North London as he continues to be overlooked by new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Adebayor enjoyed a loan spell at Real Madrid two years ago and reports now suggest last season’s Europa League winners Atletico could move for the forward to replacement Colombian star Radamel Falcao – a player currently being heavily linked with a big-money move away from the Vicente Calderon.
Former Arsenal player Adebayor took a pay cut to end the protracted move from City in August, returning to White Hart Lane on the back of a successful season-long loan during the 2011/12 campaign. The Togolese international has since found playing time difficult to come by, however, and is yet to start a game for Tottenham under Villas-Boas.Follow @icentrocampista