- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man United eye January swoop for La Liga midfield ace
- Updated: 3 December, 2012
Manchester United are eyeing a move for Athletic Bilbao star Oscar de Marcos according to reports from Mirror Football.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants to add some fresh legs to his midfield at Old Trafford and is understood to have sent brother Martin – his top European scout, to watch the 23-year-old play against Barcelona at the weekend.
De Marcos first caught Ferguson’s eye during last season’s Europa League meetings between the two club, although Athletic’s initial valuation of £25 million is said to have lessened United’s interest.
The Basque midfielder is back on Ferguson’s radar, however, and Athletic may now be willing to lower their asking price after both player and club have endured a poor start to the season.
It is likely United would still have to find around £20 million to prise De Marcos away from San Mames, however, he would be eligible to play in the next round of the Champions League for the reds.
De Maros has been likened to former Old Trafford star Roy Keane and would offer the hard working, all-action style that Ferguson currently lacks at Old Trafford.Follow @icentrocampista