- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
City back in for Spanish playmaker
- Updated: 11 April, 2013
Manchester City are set to redouble their efforts to bring Real Betis midfielder Benat Extebarria to the Ethiad stadium, according to The Daily Express.
City boss Roberto Mancini failed in an attempt to sign the Spaniard last season, and with doubts over the future of Samir Nasri, is keen to bring another attacking midfielder to the current Premier League champions.
The 26 year old playmaker, is angling for a move away from Real Betis this summer with his agent Jose Vicente Biurrun confirming that his client is not interested in signing a new contract.
He said: “We are not talking about a new contract with Betis. Benat’s future is, probably, far away from Seville”.
“We are not going to wait till his contract expires, but we will look for a club at the very top level where Benat can play regularly”.
Benat has netted four times in 26 appearances for Real Betis this season.Follow @icentrocampista