Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_scripts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/futbol/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 601
Man City to sign Real Madrid wonder kid | El Centrocampista
Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_styles() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/futbol/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 601
El Centrocampista

CITY WIN RACE FOR LA LIGA WONDERKID SAY PRESS

WHAT-THE-PAPERS-SAY

Manchester City have clinched the signature of Real Madrid wonder kid Jose Angel Pozo according to reports in both Spain and England.

The 15-year-old striker will arrive in the north-west in March when he will sign professional terms with the club on his 16th birthday.

Pozo is seen by many as one of Spain’s most exciting prospects and could prove a major coup for the blues, who look to strengthen their already blossoming array of young talent.

Pozo is currently captain of Madrid’s cadete A side but was said to be frustrated with his lack of opportunities in the higher age group, according to Spanish sports daily, Marca late last year.

The Fuengirola-born player has been at Real Madrid since he was 11-years-old and has become a prolific goalscorer for both his club and the Spanish youth side.

City will reportedly pay los Blancos an initial €200,000 for the youngster’s services, which will rise depending on performance and development.

There have been reports in both Marca and AS that Madrid have included a buy-back clause however, something which has become common place at the club in recent seasons.

El Centrocampista’s opinion:

Pozo has got huge potential and could go on to be a great acquisition for Manchester City, only time will tell on that one.

Madrid have learnt from their past-mistakes when letting talented youngsters go (as have FCBarcelona – see Cesc as the prime example and the change in strategy when letting Oriol Romeu move to Chelsea), and will be loathe to let it happen again.

Anyway, here is Jose Pozo in action – judge for yourself.

6 Comments

1. Jeremy Poynton

16 January, 2012 at 13:44

Typeface too small and too pale to read.

There’s a reason books are printed in black and white.

How on earth do you expect anyone with poor eyesight to read this blog?

2. Blue moon

16 January, 2012 at 15:04

Looks like a great player, what would his buy out clause be?

I can read it fine by the way – and it is white – maybe its your screen Jeremy?

3. Jeremy Poynton

16 January, 2012 at 15:19

Nope, not my screen – the typeface is pale grey, and should be black. I’m 60, with poor eyesight, and many blogs are done this way, with a pale grey type which makes very hard reading for the likes of me. Sure I can expand the size, but that’s not the point. Many many people have visual impairment of one sort or another, and this is rarely thought of in blog design, I suspect

w3c.org is the polace to go for advice on accessibility.

4. bluemoon70

16 January, 2012 at 16:02

If City or other teams put a buy back clause in contracts for players under 18 in Spain, they do so as a courtesy. RM can not demand such a clause. They have no control over the player once he turns 16. Spanish teams can not sign players to contracts until they reach age of 18. While English clubs can sign them at 16. If the player wants to leave, RM really has no way to stop them.

5. Iain McMullen

16 January, 2012 at 16:04

Hi Jeremy and thanks for your comments.

I have to be honest and say this is the first time anybody has brought the issue to my attention, but I will definitely look into it now you have – we want everybody to be able to enjoy our site.

I will speak to our tech guy and give you an update as soon as I can!

thanks again

• Jeremy Poynton

16 January, 2012 at 16:36

Iain

Cheers – I would imagine it is a CSS setting, and perhaps within a pre-defined blogger template (whichever blog software is hosting the blog).

It’s a bee in my bonnet; I worked for some years for a company making Library systems software, and one of our customers was the National Library For The Blind – of course, one of the core requirements of their web site (a large catalogue) was that both users and staff could read it easily. For the very badly sighted, this meant by screen reader software – for others, such as myself, an oldish and permanently bespectacled bloke, this meant making sure that colours and size of typeface were always clear.

Many thanks for your response

Cheers