- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
SPURS DEFENDER EYED BY MOURINHO AND MADRID
- Updated: 6 March, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur’s young English full-back Kyle Walker could be a surprise target for Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid after the player was linked with the Spanish giants in Italian media reports today.
The 21-year-old has had a memorable season at White Hart Lane this term and has matured into a key member of a Spurs squad that have been among the Premier League front runners under Harry Redknapp.
This form has alerted a number of clubs and Tutto Mercato now claim that the current la liga leaders could be about to make an audacious bid for the youngster during the summer.
Mourinho is looking to strengthen the problem right-back position, with normal incumbent Sergio Ramos mainly utilised at centre-back, and has used a number of players in the role already this season, including Alvaro Arbeloa, Lass and Fabio Coentrao.
The website go on to claim los Blancos may target Dutch international Gregory van der Wiel should any move for Walker fail to materialise.
Spurs manager Redknapp faces an uncertain future at White Hart Lane and has been heavily linked with the vacant England role, even so, it is believed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy could take matters into his own hands to ensure Walker remains at the club next season.Follow @icentrocampista