- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal set for Barca transfer battle over midfield star
- Updated: 9 July, 2012
Arsenal face a battle with Barcelona for the signature of French defensive midfielder Etienne Capoue claim TalkSPORT.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was reported to be tracking the Toulouse player last week by TalkSPORT who claimed the Arsenal coach was keen to bring a combative midfielder to the Emirates Stadium.
However according to the same website, reports in the Catalan media now suggest Barcelona have joined the race for the former France Under 21 captain, with new Barca coach Tito Vilanova highlighting Capoue and Rennes star Yann M’Vila as possible replacements for recently-departed Seydou Keita.
Capoue was a youth player at Angers before signing professional terms with Toulouse in 2005 and has since played over one hundred games for the club located in the South-West of France. The 23-year-old can also player in defence.
Original reports suggested Arsenal were closing in on a deal themselves for M’Vila however TalkSPORT believe Wenger had concerns over the French international’s disciplinary record and behaviour.Follow @icentrocampista