- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea star back on the radar of Spanish giants
- Updated: 17 November, 2012
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to launch a swoop for Ashley Cole according to reports from Mirror Football.
Chelsea brought Cole to Stamford Bridge from Arsenal in 2006 and the England international has since gone on to play almost 200 games for the club, however, it is understood Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reluctant to give the 31-year-old any more than a one-year deal.
Chelsea have offered Cole a new one-year extension, however, with Cole still to accept the deal, last seasons Champions League winners risk losing the full back on a free transfer during the summer.
Another former Chelsea boss, Carlo Ancelotti was rumoured to be interested in taking Cole to PSG in the summer, however, it is Mourinho who is now said to be contemplating a move for his former player as the Real Madrid coach look to replace injured Brazilian Marcelo at the Bernabeu.
Mourinho was also linked with a move for Cole by TalkSPORT, last month, with the Spanish champions rumoured to be ready to mount a £7 million move for the player when the next transfer window opens in January.
With youngster Ryan Bertrand recently signing a five-year extension at Stamford Bridge, sources suggested Chelsea were ready to make him their first choice left back – leaving Cole with an uncertain future at the club.