- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham closing in on La Liga star
- Updated: 24 March, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur are strong favourites for the signature of Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi after reports in TalkSPORT claim the Premier League side are leading the race for the Italian international.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp tried to take the US international to White Hart Lane in January 2011 according to the report which also says Redknapp is now looking to go back for the player during the summer.
Rossi has had a torrid time at Villarreal this season after knee ligament damage sustained at Real Madrid in October ruled him out until the summer, although the 25-year-old recently resumed light training work at the club.
The former-Manchester United hit man is now in his fifth season at el Madrigal and was also linked with a move to Catalan giants Barcelona last summer as Villarreal were forced to transfer list a number of stars to ease financial constraints.
However the sale of Santi Cazorla to Malaga enabled Rossi to remain at the club and he began the season well before suffering injury.
Tottenham were linked with the New Jersey-born player last year and TalkSPORT claim Spurs could bring Rossi to White Hart Lane for as little as £10 million at the end of the season.