- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CHELSEA STAR SET FOR LA LIGA SWITCH?
- Updated: 28 February, 2012
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge is a surprise transfer target for Real Madrid and Barcelona according to media reports yesterday.
The 22-year-old’s contract at Stamford Bridge expires next June and it is believed Chelsea will sell the player for the right price, rather than risk losing him on a Bosman transfer.
Reports in English newspaper, the Daily Star now claim Spain’s big two could lock horns in an attempt to sign Sturridge during the summer and could be willing to pay up to €26 million for the striker.
Sturridge arrived at Chelsea in 2009 having spent his formative years at Manchester City, and has scored 20 goals in 70 appearances for Andres Villas-Boas’ side.
Despite his inexperience, Sturridge is seen by many at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea’s main forward and has leapfrogged Spanish mis-fit Fernando Torres in the club’s starting XI.