- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga star ready to snub Man United move
- Updated: 30 October, 2012
Manchester United could be set to miss out on target Sophiane Feghouli after it was revealed the Valenica midfielder is ready to commit to a new contract.
Sir Alex Ferguson’s side were linked with the French-born Algerian international by TalkSPORT last month, however, the radio station are now reporting Feghouli is about to extend his stay at the Mestalla.
The 22-year-old signed a four-year deal at Valencia following his arrival from French outfit Grenoble in 2010, however, he was sent out on loan to Almeria at the start of 2011 and scored two goals in 10 games for the Andaluz club.
Feghouli returned to the Mestalla for the start of the 2011/12 campaign and firmly established himself in Unai Emery’s starting XI after a string of impressive performances. These displays were said to have alerted Old Trafford boss Ferguson, as well as big-spending PSG, and it was suggested the player could be ready to move on.
It is now understood that Feghouli is ready to commit his future to Valencia, however, and the player is quoted as telling French sports paper L’Equipe that he was “very happy at the club” and that he was “discussing a renewal with the club.”
The news means United may have to widen their search for a new playmaker as Ferguson attempts to bring the Premier League crown back to Old Trafford after they were beaten to the title on the final day of last season by neighbours City.Follow @icentrocampista